- Handle master data creation and maintenance in a variety of source systems to support business teams in meeting day to day operational objectives
- Support campaign data list build requests
- Responsible for data hygiene (i.e., zero disqualified, high deliverability rates, data sourcing, etc.)
- Responsible for data comprehensiveness (across buying centers, seniority levels, etc.)
- Work closely with marketing, sales, enablement and Inside Sales for campaign enablement
- Support Campaign team in data planning activity (adequacy of data)
- Support Campaign Manager in targeting phase (do we have the right keywords for pulling right set of prospects, etc.) Be a domain specialist in the data assignment and in the systems used to handle the data in the assigned functional area
- Maintain process and procedure documentation to drive a clear understanding of master data management processes and concepts
- Responsible for crafting and handling the data infrastructure (data sources, data validation, data enrichment tools) and technology improvements
- Analyze data, information and business requirements to understand the effects of poor data quality
- Identify process weaknesses and gaps and drive process improvement
- Prepare data reports/dashboards and present conclusions and recommendations for continuous improvement opportunities to process partners and leadership
- Partner with business teams in the development of standards, business rules and guidelines for outlining data quality expectations
- Supervise audits and issues identification to ensure data integrity and to support data cleanup approach to improve data quality
Qualifications we seek in you! Minimum qualifications
- Experience in running Lead and Contact Data for a B2B audience
- Experience in data sourcing tools such as Zoominfo, D&B Hoovers, Clearbit, etc.
Preferred qualifications/ Skills
- The successful candidate must have good communication and team skills – as well as a track record of willingness
- Ability to work proactively, collaboratively, and effectively across departments and boundaries to deliver on objectives.
- The ability to align with IT, legal/ compliance, marketing, sales and business strategy to ensure data handling and quality standards are met.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit www.genpact.com . Follow us on Twitter , Facebook , LinkedIn , and YouTube .